Hi ho neighbors!🐸 Here are the drama meeting notes:
- We awarded pins today to four drama club members: Sophie Mainwaring received the people matter pin, Gabe Embry received the work together pin, Bowie Croswell received the strive for excellence pin and Hazel Hardesty received the person you want to work with pin
- All Together Now is this Saturday at 7! Please come out to support your friends and help fund the program! Performers please be at the school by 3:00 and bring $5 for food. If there is anyone that would like to help with tech, concessions, or merch sales please fill out the form Quinn posted!
- We will be having a restaurant night December 9 (opening night of Midsummer) possibly at Third Base Grill and two online catalogue fundraisers will begin next week, all shmoney will go to fundraising for VTF and the NYC trip
- Gov board internships are still around! Please fill out the form Ethan posted if you are interested! There will be a QR code posted tomorrow as well. If you have any questions see Ethan!
- VTF packets are outside of Kesling's door if you are interested and want to register! Dec 3 is the deadline for late registration for please grab a form NOW if you want to attend!
- All NYC trip $$$ is due Dec 10
- LK Jr. TECH leadership interviews are THIS FRIDAY, NEXT THURSDAY are the PERFORMANCE leadership positions, and AUDITIONS are THE FIRST WEEK OF DEC
I'd make a frog pun to end this post, but I know it simply wouldn't FLY with you guys 🐸
Hello all! Here are the notes from the Thespian meeting in case you missed:
- All Together Now is this Saturday at 7:00! The musical theatre students will be performing, so please come out to support them and raise money for our program! See Quinn and the Google form he will be posting if you want to help out with crew, concessions, or merch!
- On Dec 9, the opening night of Midsummer, we will be having a restaurant night! We do not have a place set in stone just yet, but there will be more information soon!
- We will also be having catalogue fundraisers coming up soon!
- Governing Board internships still exist! Please sign up and contact Ethan for any information!
- Lion King Jr. leadership interviews are THIS Friday! If you want to have a position please be there nd come to THE DRAMA CLUB MEETING TOMORROW in order to prepare!
- Next Thursday is the Lion King Jr. audition interest meeting!
- VA THespian Festival packets are available outside of Kesling's room, there is still time to sign-up and attend!
See y'all tomorrow, have a lovely evening!
Lion King Jr. Meeting info in case you missed:
This will be in collaboration with the middle school.
Sophomores, freshmen, and all middle school younglings will be able to audition for acting and tech positions.
Seniors and juniors will be in leadership positions.
There will be a link to all of the leadership positions and their requirements.
Dates for Lion King Jr. are below.
Nov 12 & 19 leadership interviews (This may change in the future)
Nov 18 - audition interest meeting (will give audition info and materials)
Nov 29 - production meeting
Nov 30 & Dec 1 auditions
Dec 2 - callbacks
Check the calendar on our Trojan Theatre website if you don't want to scroll back to this.
Rehearsals and meetings will be at the high school.
The show will be performed at the high school.
Participants to go collect the middle school kids will be decided later.
This has been your Trojan Theatre announcements have a great day thespians and I'll see you whenever I get to do this again.
News from the Thespian Meeting in case you missed:
VHSL - Remeber your performance is November 2! And Ethan will be putting out the itenerary for Thursday tonight!
Midsummer - AUDITIONS ARE TOMORROW! Bring your memorized monologue and 30 sec of a folk song!
Middle School trip - On Wednesday a group of us will be traveling to NKMS to talk to them about our experience as Thespians, VTF, and Lion King Jr. This may interfere with the call backs for Midsummer but this TBD, if you are 100% sure you can make it, please contact Quinn!
There's a drama club meeting tomorrow! Be there!
Gov board internships are still a thing so please apply for one if you are interested! If you have questions please contact Ethan!
If you have any comments or concerns about stuff going on within the troupe that you do not feel comfortable discussing face to face, please utilize the orange file folder on the call board in order to communicate with gov board! We will gladly help you with any problems you face!
A new cycle of Too Much Light Makes The Baby Go Blind is coming! We will be going to festival as a one-act and be performing 15 plays in 30 minutes!
And finally, Homecoming! We will have a float for Homecoming and be in the parade!
See all of y'all at the drama club meeting tomorrow and at Midsummer auditions! Happy Monday!
Thank you to everyone who attended our Fresh Faces day today! It was a blast and it was nice to see all of y'all!
Here are some reminders that we mentioned today:
- You can get Trojan drama Reminds by texting @trjndrama to 81010
- Check the calendar on our website for all information!
- A packet is available in the metal wall organizer outside of Kesling's room if you are interested in attending the VA Thespian Festival! You do not have to be a Thespian to attend!
- We will be having a trip to New York City in February, an information form is also available in the metal wall organizer outside of Kesling's room
- If you are interested in being an intern for the governing board you can read this Doc for info: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pAx0AE73Zex1617Sy8UJRuDOfPnHjXtEHQOpcYnbAo4/edit
- Our season is:
Our competitive VHSL show, She Kills Monsters
Our Shakespeare show, A Midsummer Night's Dream
Our VA Thespian Festival show, Too Much Light Makes The Baby Go Blind a.k.a. 30 plays in 15 minutes
Our winter musical, Lion King Jr. remember freshmen and sophomores will have lead roles up for grabs
Our spring musical, Bright Star
- This Thursday 9/16/21 there will be a design meeting for She Kills Monsters! If you are interested please come!
- Next Monday 9/20/21 there will be auditions for She Kills Monsters! If you are interested please attend!
Thanks for coming today guys!
Here are the notes from today's meeting in case you missed:
- To get Reminds for drama club text @trjndrama to 81010
- If you have friends that want to be added to Schoology tell a gove board memeber or Kesling so we can add them
- CHECK THE CALENDAR FOR ALL INFO
- The VA THespian Festival and NYC trip forms are outside of Kesling's room on the wall
- There is a design meeting this Thursday after school for She Kills Monsters
- Fresh Face Day is tomorrow! The expectations for workshop leaders are:
-BE IN KESLING'S ROOM ASAP AFTER SCHOOL
- introducing yourself
- showing the space you're assigned
- engaging the attendees
The expectations for hosts are:
- BE IN KESLING'S ROOM ASAP AFTER SCHOOL
- introduce yourself
- stay with your group
- be on time
- ask questions if no one in the group will to the workshop leader
- enforce the school mask policy at all times
Costume & make up: Olivia and Gorgon
Lights & sound: Nomi and Ethan
Set, construction, & props: Quinn and Zeke
Acting: Antony and Kat
Music: Lucy and Indy
Hosts: Violet, Ally, Nix, Colby, Lily, and Reagan
If you would like to be a host or have questions about hosting contact Nomi. If you are a workshop leader and have questions contact Quinn.
The schedule tomorrow is:
2:35 - everyone has filtered into the auditorium, introductions
3:00 - workshop time!
4:35 - reconvene in the auditorium for final announcements, talk to fresh faces, and prepare for the buses
Have a great week guys and see y'all tomorrow!
About this page!
The new virtual call board is where you will find summaries of the drama club meetings, updates on current projects, cast lists, company members of the month, Covid updates, and more! Reach out to your clerk, Kaylei Kipper, below if you have any questions about what has been posted or if you feel that something should be added ♡